By registering with this forum you agree that, if you break the rules it. you can be banned from this forum. The rules are as follows:
1) No one will insult or attack anyone else on the Forum!
2) if you see a comment you do not like, you will not respond in a rude or insulting way.
3) Any comments toward someone in an Out Of Character fashion will be removed
By registering with this forum you agree that, if you break the rules it. you can be banned from this forum. The rules are as follows:
1) No one will insult or attack anyone else on the Forum!
2) if you see a comment you do not like, you will not respond in a rude or insulting way.
3) Any comments toward someone in an Out Of Character fashion will be removed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where sinners come to stay updated

HomeSinning TimesLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Message from Ceara

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ceara

Ceara

Message from Ceara Empty
PostSubject: Message from Ceara   Message from Ceara I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:57 am

Sadly it appears that I have been temporarily forced out of SL - not deliberately by the Lindens thankfully, but by an obscure network problem which might lie in my firewall, with my ISP or with some change to SL. I have an open ticket with the Lindens but they arern't being much help. ((any experts in Microsoft ISA server out there who might wish to help - feel free to send me a private message in this board!)). This problem appears to impact SL only. No other web sites or applications have been affected.

My apologies to all involved with the various RP themes that Ceara is mixed up in, and particularly to Mr P - this problem hit out of the blue while I was in the middle of an IM conversation with him - didn't mean to be rude !

I will be back as soon as I can get this figured out - however, all obvious avenues to diagnose it have been exhausted. So it might be some time.

I'm already missing SR and it's only been a few days !!!

Kind regards to all

Ceara
Back to top Go down
Kayleigh Balut

Kayleigh Balut

Message from Ceara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message from Ceara   Message from Ceara I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Ceara,

Have you tried alternate viewers? I started having major problems with SL after a required update, and can no longer get in with the standard SL viewer. But I've had zero issues getting in with Emerald. I don't know if it would work, but it might be worth a try!
Back to top Go down
Ceara

Ceara

Message from Ceara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message from Ceara   Message from Ceara I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Kayleigh

Thanks for the suggesting *bangs head* an obvious thing to try which I simply hadn't though of. I'll see what happens.

I have however, taken another look with a network analyser and found that the very first interaction with SL, at the very start of the login, never gets a reply from the server. And yet it works if I connect the laptop directly to the internet, instead of through my firewall. And the network sniffer sees the network packets correctly coming through the firewall, so they're not being blocked.

Strange!

And everything worked fine until a few days ago - so something must have changed - but no idea what !!

Thank for the idea ! I'm using the 'cool SL viewer' just now. Or trying to.

kind regards

Ceara
Back to top Go down
Ceara

Ceara

Message from Ceara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message from Ceara   Message from Ceara I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:27 pm

Keyleigh

Just tried the emerald viewer - sadly it failed at login in the same way. Such is life but was a good idea. Back to the drawing board. Got a few more things to look at with the networking though - not quite stuck yet !

Thanks

Ceara
Back to top Go down
Ceara

Ceara

Message from Ceara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message from Ceara   Message from Ceara I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Breathes a sigh of relief !!! After two weeks of struggling, the problem suddenly, out of the blue, fixes itself !!!

All evidence points to a problem with the SL infrastructure - which someone just fixed. They deny all knowledge of it, but seemed to have fixed the problem anyway - so Ceara is able to return at last !

Thank you to all those who were rp-ing with her and who have waited so patiently !

Happy to be back - two weeks felt a bit strange without SR !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Message from Ceara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Message from Ceara   Message from Ceara I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Message from Ceara
Page 1 of 1